ebay and 2nd chance offers July 18th, 2018, 11:48pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Reader's Tips  ›  ebay and 2nd chance offers

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    ebay and 2nd chance offers
jdum81972
Posted: April 2nd, 2006, 5:42am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

If you receive a 2nd chance offer from ebay ask you these questions.
1. Never give your screen Name
2. Never Wire money through Western Union
3. Email the actual Company through ebay to see if the company knows the guy.
Ebay doesn't get everybody on security reminders cause I asked a few guys at work that use ebay and some of them don't get the security reminders either.  If you get an email from somebody that poses to be ebay ask these question to yourself.  Here is what an actual email looks like.

Buying new items, brand names, and collectibles on eBay is simple. Here's how it works...    
Dear jdum81972 ( 59),

After verifying the legitimacy of the seller pictureitsold ( 5972)  and the availability of the merchandise for immediate shipping, we have approved your Buy It Now transaction, and offer you full purchase protection for the amount you agreed upon with the seller.

Item title: 2 NEW Antares Vending Machines Soda Snack Candy Juice
Item price: US $1,000.00/Amount insured
Item location: 600 Harrison Street, Berkeley, CA 94710- United States
Shipping cost: Ready to ship/The item price includes shipping and insurance fees.
Payment: Pending

Seller's verified payment address:
Sean Foyt
62 Hornfair Road
London, SE7 7BD United Kingdom  
Date of verification:                Thursday, Mar 23, 2006
Next step to be taken:            The buyer must send the payment to the seller
Payment method accepted:      Western Union Money Transfer
Attention:
Sending the payment by any other method will void this transaction and your right to a refund. Our goal is to   ensure that your eBay experience is safe so that you can buy confidently. It is rare that something goes wrong with a transaction on eBay. This seller is verified by our services and you can have all the trust in his requests.

• Payment instructions:
Go to a Western Union Agent Location, fill out the Western Union Money Transfer form, and use cash
to send your payment.
Click here to locate the agents in your area:
http://www.westernunion.com/info/agentInquiryIntl.asp

Several ID's and utility bills are required before the funds are paid. Therefore, no one else
but your seller can pick up the money.
Because Western Union charges you for making a money transfer,we have arranged with the seller
to compensate for half of this fee (i.e. if it costs you $100 to send the payment, take $50 from
the amount and send the balance).

• Once the payment was sent, email the seller the following information:
10 digit MTCN. (Money Transfer Control Number).
Exact sender's name on file with Western Union.
City and country where you sent the money from.
Amount sent.

• Purchase protection:
Currently, this seller has a US $5,000.00 deposit in an eBay managed Purchase
Protection Account. The account is managed by eBay's Square Trade Center. Transactions with this
eBay seller are covered by our Purchase Protection Program against fraud and description errors.
For your safety, this account was locked today. The seller is unable to withdraw any money from it.

• Conditions to be met before you may ask for a refund:
If the merchandise has different specifications than the ones you agreed on, or if the item doesn't
arrive in time, all you need to do is to request for a refund.
To request a refund, send an email to refund@SquareTrade.com with the subject line: "Refund Request"
The support representative will send you a Refund Request form to complete in order to receive your
refund. The insured amount will be taken from the seller's Purchase Protection Account and sent to you.
Failure to complete the form may result in a delay in processing your refund.
Your purchase protection is valid for 30 days. Refunds are not issued after 30 days of the original
purchase date.

• Important Usage Guidelines:
The contact information should only be used for resolving matters related to eBay. Any other use is
strictly prohibited.
This transaction is protected by eBay services such as insurance, feedback and dispute resolution.
You may buy and sell with confidence in all transactions with this eBay member.
Any complaints must be filed within 30 days from the verification date.

DISCLAIMER:
Do not pay with a cash transfer for a transaction eBay never insured. Never use Western Union or
Money Gram to pay a seller which credibility and payment address was not verified by us. You are most
likely to lose your money and never receive the merchandise you paid for.
If a seller requires cash transfer and you do not have this kind of purchase protection,
please do not participate.

•Account Protection:
Protect your eBay account - eBay will not ask you for sensitive personal information
(such as your password, credit card, bank account numbers, etc.) in an email.

Thank you for using eBay!
http://www.ebay.com/
Copyright © 2006 eBay, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of eBay, Inc.  

I got scammed and I have the fbi in this and I don't want anyone else to get scammed either.

Logged Offline
A New Bible Built with Modern Technology

New Testament - Breakthrough Version

www.breakthroughversion.com

The Breakthrough Version achieves a much higher level of accuracy. It is:

• more literal
  • more precise
  • more contemporary
  • more correct
  • more consistent

This Bible even translates hundreds of forgotten Greek words that no other Bible does.

It is an essential tool for Bible teachers and students, yet it is easy to read, even for newbies.

Ray
Posted: April 3rd, 2006, 5:50am Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

Yes, that is true.
   I have also received an offer like that.  I had bid on a certain item on eBay but someone else won it.  A week or so later, I received an email saying that I could buy the item for the amount that I had bid on it.  I wrote the sender back and asked him questions about how was I sure to get the item after paying him money and it became obvious from his answers that it was a scam.
   Just about a month ago, my son also got such an email.  He called me excitedly and told me he was going to be able to get the motorcycle on eBay that he had bid on and lost before.  I mentioned that there is a scam like that.  After a few minutes he sadly agreed that was what it was because the email address did not match up and it just did not make sense.
   So watch out for this one.  It is best just not to pay attention to any second chance offers through eBay.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 3
vistapay
Posted: October 22nd, 2006, 10:48am Report to Moderator
Guest User

I, too, have received these offers, and others asking for verification of the PayPal information. I immediately forwsard the message to spoof@ebay.com or spoof@paypal.com. In this way they can identify the sender and block his sending of the pfishing messages. I also gat some from banks, and follow the same protocol. The offended services appreciatge the effort and who knows, maybe the offending service will actualy be put out of business.  Keep Alert.
e-mail Reply: 2 - 3
plonkeroo
Posted: May 6th, 2007, 4:14am Report to Moderator
Minimum Member

Hiya, Everyone!

I only just recently got one of the '2nd chance' offers - traditional Wilkinson Sword razor blades, which seem to no longer be obtainable from shops - and it worked out okay. A couple of quid for 50 blades, not bad, eh?  
Logged Offline
Site e-mail Windows Live Messenger Reply: 3 - 3
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Reader's Tips  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules