A1Click Gets Choked November 22nd, 2017, 9:13am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  A1Click Gets Choked

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    A1Click Gets Choked
IanRobbo
Posted: December 22nd, 2013, 9:27am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Hi Ray,
I've been a fan of your programs since I was a baby (at least 100 years ago!) and a user of RegVac and A1Click for just about as long.  Thanks for two great products that really do work as promised.
My question refers to A1Click:
Every few months I run a program called ReImage (which refreshes/repairs damaged or missing Windows 7 files on the fly).  This program creates a lot of temporary files that remain on my system (mainly to assist with any future need to restore to the earlier setup if required).  Now when a say "a lot of temporary files' I do mean a lot.  Typically about 75,000 are created after each ReImage run!  And of course these take up a fair bit of space: maybe 1 or 2 Gb.
To recover this waste I run A1Click regularly - once every 3 months.
As would be expected it finds all these files without a problem (and marks them safe to remove).
The cleaning process always starts off well... but after about 10,000 files have been removed the program slows to a grinding pace.  When this happens it takes about a second to remove each new file - so you can imagine how long the whole procedure takes.  Sometimes it extends over 2 (or even 3) sessions!  And all the time system resources are being used up of course...  sometimes resulting in unexpected slowdowns of other running programs.
Is there any way I can set A1Click to remove all these unwanted files more quickly?
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
Logged Offline
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: December 23rd, 2013, 3:00pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

If you do not have Use No Remains Deletion unchecked in Cleaner Settings, you need to uncheck that (from what you have described, it sounds like you already have it unchecked).  Other than that, there is no way you can set A1Click to remove those files quicker.
   We have not run into that problem.
   I don't know, if closing A1Click at the end of a session and then running it again the next session would speed things up or not.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 1
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules