XP active window periodic timeout November 18th, 2017, 9:44pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  XP active window periodic timeout

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    XP active window periodic timeout
turnitupneal
Posted: January 19th, 2013, 9:47am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I need to know how to make my computer stop doing an active window timeout. Such as right now as i am typing, the active window ends and i have to click on the text to continue. Frustrating! The top bar goes grey and is not active till i click on a field to type or do anything. It has no time frame. Sometimes it lasts 20 seconds and sometimes it allows me to type for a whole minute or two. I can't imagine trying to type a lengthy letter and deal with this. Just this post has timed out about 6 times. Any ideas what i need to do? Thanks.......
Logged Offline
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: January 19th, 2013, 4:31pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

As I see it, there are only two possibilities as to what is causing that.  Either the program you are using or another program.  For example, if you are typing in Internet Explorer, then it is possible that Internet Explorer is doing that.  If you run a different brower (like Chrome) and it still does that, it is not Internet Explorer.  I doubt that is the problem.
   My guess is it is some other window or program.  That window or program is making its window active and so what you are typing in becomes inactive.  You need to look and see what else is running.  Try closing all other programs and all other tabs and windows of your browser.  If that solves the problem, figure out which one caused the problem.  If that does not solve the problem, look in the Processes running.  It has to be something there.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 3
turnitupneal
Posted: January 19th, 2013, 5:19pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Thanks Ray i'll try that.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 3
turnitupneal
Posted: January 19th, 2013, 6:45pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

To trouble shoot my active window timeout i went to msconfig and start up to see what was being loaded. I began un checking one at a time and restarting each time to see the effect. loosing the wifi usb adapter TP-LINK (TL-WN822N) which is my internet connection did the trick. I used the open office program and began random typing and it did not cut away one time. I then went back to start up and added it back checking the box. restarted the computer and the active window timeout was back. So, it is something connected to the internet connection being used. I use Firefox as my browser and gmail as my email. I bought your A1-Click pc cleaner program 2 years ago and use it now and then. Any ideas how i   search what is running web wise on my pc to eliminate this frustrating problem? I think i'm getting closer in the investigation. Thanks.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 3 - 3
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules