Winrescue7 High CPU usage on startup September 26th, 2018, 12:41am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Winrescue7 High CPU usage on startup

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Winrescue7 High CPU usage on startup
Winwin13
Posted: September 22nd, 2012, 7:49am Report to Moderator
Guest User

I own the WinRescue7 program (updated to latest version) and recently I wanted to add a 200 seconds delay to allow the complete bootup of my machine before WinResue7 will do its backup.  I have it set to do weekly backups.  As soon as I start Win7 (SP1 latest) I see with Process Explorer that one of my CPUs is running at 100% and the program that is running is 'Rescue.exe'.  Even though its just done a weekly backup Rescue.exe will run for 3-4 minutes at 100% (for no reason obviously) and then stop.  What can be done to avoid this issue since its crippling my machine for 3-4 minutes on every startup?

Thanks
A New Bible Built with Modern Technology

New Testament - Breakthrough Version

www.breakthroughversion.com

The Breakthrough Version achieves a much higher level of accuracy. It is:

• more literal
  • more precise
  • more contemporary
  • more correct
  • more consistent

This Bible even translates hundreds of forgotten Greek words that no other Bible does.

It is an essential tool for Bible teachers and students, yet it is easy to read, even for newbies.

Ray
Posted: September 22nd, 2012, 9:15am Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

It is doing the 200 second delay.  I will switch it around and make it do the 200 delay after it checks to see if it should run or not.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 3
Winwin13
Posted: September 22nd, 2012, 10:42am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Quoted from Ray
It is doing the 200 second delay.  I will switch it around and make it do the 200 delay after it checks to see if it should run or not.

Great idea.  But if it just did the backup and the machine restarted the same day there is no need for another backup until the next scheduled time so it should not run at 100% regardless.  
I think there is another issue as well.  I noticed that if Winrescue7 is scheduled for backup lets say tomorrow and I do a manual backup today just to avoid the automated one tomorrow (weekly backup set in automation) then tomorrow on the restart of the machine, Winrescue7 will do another backup not knowing the backup was done the the week already and its not supposed to do another one for another week since the manual backup yesterday.  Please fix this issue as well.  I think it will resolve the high CPU gracefully.

Thanks

e-mail Reply: 2 - 3
Ray
Posted: September 27th, 2012, 7:29pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

Please get the latest version.
   As far as your other issue that you mentioned is concerned, that is the way WinRescue is supposed to work.  This allows you to add manual backups without interferring with the automated backups.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 3 - 3
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules