What is "All Temp Folders" and how do I clean it? November 18th, 2017, 9:45pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  What is "All Temp Folders" and how do I clean it?

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    What is "All Temp Folders" and how do I clean it?
beagle
Posted: January 26th, 2012, 12:18am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I reformatted my hard drive today because after running several scans using A1 Cleaner hundreds of temp files were not being cleaned.  95% of these are in the All Temp Folders and I'm at a loss why A1 is not taking care of this.

I assumed that after doing a complete reformat that I'd be starting "over again" with a clean computer.

Currently it says: All Temp files (585 problems) taking up 230 MB

What is the All Temps Folder?
Why is A1 not cleaning these?
How do I get rid of them since A1 identifies them as problems and they're taking up needed space?
If these are folders that are not empty, how do I find out what they are and if I even need them?

This has never happened before and A1 has always been doing a good cleaning job.

Here's an example of what is remaining:

C\Windows\winsxs\Temp\Pending Delete\$$DeleteMe.authz.dll.olc85bd60fd78d74.00b4

Another example:

C\Windows\winsxs\Temp\PendingDelete\$$DeleteMe.Cbs.Msg.dll01c85bd2d0d8cP14.0006

What are these and why will A1 not delete them.  There are hundreds of them.

Thanks for any help.
Logged Offline
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: January 26th, 2012, 1:46pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

"All Temp Folders" is all folders on your computer that are named Temp.  "All Temp Folders" deletes everything in all of the Temp folders.
    It is possible that Windows is not allowing A1Click to delete those files.  The file locations that you listed are files that Windows has designated to be deleted in the future.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 7
beagle
Posted: January 26th, 2012, 6:41pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Do you know how I get windows to delete these and why would this issue come up only recently?    I've been using Windows Vista for 4 years and A1 during that time with no problems like this.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 7
Ray
Posted: January 27th, 2012, 1:34pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

From what I could find, there is no way to get Windows to delete them.  Many other people have the same problem.  I don't know why it just came up recently.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 3 - 7
beagle
Posted: January 27th, 2012, 7:31pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Thanks for looking into it Ray.  I will continue looking into it.  From what I've discovered so far it appears that Windows eventually deletes these files after about a week.  Since I was having problems with Windows Updates and required intervention by Microsoft several changes were made on my computer.  Ultimately they did a complete reformat.  I'm wondering if the reformat has generated all of these "problem" files since I needed to re-install all sorts of applications etc etc.  and after about a week or so perhaps Windows will delete the "problem" temp files.    After all, if they're only temp files they should not really be there.   I'm going to wait a week and then run A1 again and see if they are already gone.  If not.....then I'll contact Microsoft.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 4 - 7
KiethBen
Posted: July 9th, 2012, 8:34pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

It is possible that Ms windows is not enabling A1Click to remove those information.  The file places that you detailed are information that Ms windows has specific to be removed in the future.  I was having problems with Ms windows Up-dates and required involvement by Ms several changes were made on my computer.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 5 - 7
beagle
Posted: July 9th, 2012, 10:48pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Thanks KeithBen, for taking the time to reply.  I actually found a solution to my problem.  I ended up buying a Mac and 5 months later I am still thrilled with it!   I doubt that I'll return to a PC ever again.  
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 6 - 7
Donwilliams
Posted: November 7th, 2015, 8:49pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Hey I have the same problem
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 7 - 7
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating