why no replies????? October 15th, 2018, 6:32am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  why no replies?????

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    why no replies?????
salci60
Posted: July 29th, 2009, 6:31pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I have asked two questions thus far, and no one has replied... Why?
Logged Offline
A New Bible Built with Modern Technology

New Testament - Breakthrough Version

www.breakthroughversion.com

The Breakthrough Version achieves a much higher level of accuracy. It is:

• more literal
  • more precise
  • more contemporary
  • more correct
  • more consistent

This Bible even translates hundreds of forgotten Greek words that no other Bible does.

It is an essential tool for Bible teachers and students, yet it is easy to read, even for newbies.

Cassandra
Posted: July 30th, 2009, 5:06am Report to Moderator
Minimum Member

Hi!

Ray is the person who most commonly answers technical questions around here, and I don't think that he's been on the board since you asked your second question.  As to your first question, maybe he doesn't know the answer.

Now for my try:

The combination of your problems looks VERY suspicious.  I've never heard of Windows Genuine Advantage checking a system without explicit permission, and it's odd for your machine to say that it's trying to hook up to a server without your knowing the reason.  (This could happen, though:  even aside from update checks, and so on, many programs use local servers without the user's thinking about it - database programs, security filters which work through local proxies, etc.)

It sounds to me like the most likely explanation is that you have at least one malware infection.

My $0.02:  You should check your system with at least two WELL-KNOWN, REPUTABLE malware checkers.  "Spybot Search & Destroy" and "Lavasoft Ad-Aware" are possibilities.  (Back up your system files before making any major changes, though.)

I hope that you are using a firewall, do not surf the Web using a Windows Administrator account unless you have some reason to do so, and take other normal security precautions.

If you don't mind my asking, what anti-virus software do you use, if any?  Some provide protection against other kinds of malware also, and some don't.

Good luck.
C.  
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 2
Ray
Posted: July 30th, 2009, 1:48pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

If someone knows an answer, they answer it.  If not, they don't.
   I try to check this board every day but I am not always able to do that.  Other people who answer questions here, check it less frequently.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 2
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules