XP won't load October 20th, 2018, 5:46am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  XP won't load

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    XP won't load
howieleem
Posted: July 21st, 2009, 2:44pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Hi, i had a spyware infection so put in my XP disc to reload XP, it gets the the blue screen where it gives you the choice of install XP, or recover XP or a third option i cant remember, but at this screen the keyboard has no effect. I've used the cd before so know it is ok.
Does anyone know how to do a format C  so i can start from scratch?
A New Bible Built with Modern Technology

New Testament - Breakthrough Version

www.breakthroughversion.com

The Breakthrough Version achieves a much higher level of accuracy. It is:

• more literal
  • more precise
  • more contemporary
  • more correct
  • more consistent

This Bible even translates hundreds of forgotten Greek words that no other Bible does.

It is an essential tool for Bible teachers and students, yet it is easy to read, even for newbies.

Danielle
Posted: July 21st, 2009, 3:30pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

It doesnt involve typing , it is all used in the reconfig with the UP and Down keys.
Logged Offline
Reply: 1 - 7
howieleem
Posted: July 22nd, 2009, 12:52am Report to Moderator
Guest User

The keyboard has no effect so cannot do up, down, enter. Is it possible to make an XP startup dvd?
e-mail Reply: 2 - 7
Danielle
Posted: July 22nd, 2009, 2:06am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Have you tried first rebooting your system?  Secondly I was just wondering why U would try and reinstall Windows due to a spyware problem?  U could or could of used at that time another program that cleans up Spyware , Adware, Freeware etc...  Also another scan with an anti Virus would of found it along with a Registry Cleaner.  P.S.  U have the XP Disk as i read, just wondering it you as well have the Boot Disk?
Logged Offline
Reply: 3 - 7
Ray
Posted: July 22nd, 2009, 1:23pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

Does the keyboard work on other screens?  If not this sounds like a keyboard problem or a motherboard problem.
   I would first check and make sure the keyboard is plugged in.  If it is and the keyboard does not work.  Shut down the computer and plug in a different keyboard that you know works, or try the keyboard on a different computer.
   If it is not a problem with the keyboard, I would suspect a problem with the motherboard.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 4 - 7
quinland
Posted: July 24th, 2009, 1:13am Report to Moderator
Minimum Member

There is a possibility that your hard disk Master Boot Record is corrupted. I suggest you use a friend's computer to download and burn Bart's PE to a CD with Ray's additons for Win Rescue of you have it
When you boot up, be sure the BIOS checks for a CD before trying the hard disk. You can check and/or change  this by pressing a key which will show on the early boot-up screen, usually Del or F2.
If the Bart's PE disk also results in a blue screen, then it is most likely the problem is in the hardware, most often the motherboard.
If the Bart's PE boots, and you are able to raad the disk, then you can try rebooting without the CD in the drive, press F8 during the first part of the boot-up, and try "restore last working configureation" or words to that effect. If you can make this change, and it continues to boot up to a blue screen, the question is whether the motherboard or the disk drive is the problem. If you have good friend who will loan you a disk with an active OS, try plugging in that drive. If the new drives makes an attempt to boot your system, thien it is likely your drive is defective. If you get the blue screen, it is probably your motherboard.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 5 - 7
bobwilson508
Posted: July 27th, 2009, 12:57am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I have the same problem every time I reinstall my system.  I found out that if I disconnect my keyboard and reconnect it it starts working again.  Why it does this, I haven't got the slightest idea!!  Maybe because I'm using a different keyboard than the one that came with the system??!!!   All I know is that it works every time for me.  Windows, XPHome,   Good luck
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 6 - 7
onemaddude
Posted: August 1st, 2009, 1:31pm Report to Moderator
Minimum Member

You are overlooking another answer with the keyboard. I'm using a USB keyboard and sometimes when I boot, it's happened on my old computer too, the USB part of the motherboard does not work until Windows loads. I have to re-boot again and it usually works the second try. Haven't a clue why!!

onemnaddude
Logged Offline
e-mail YIM Reply: 7 - 7
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules