SETUP FILES July 20th, 2018, 1:14am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  SETUP FILES

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    SETUP FILES
LindaLou
Posted: June 23rd, 2009, 8:56pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I was doing a search for a program I downloaded because it didn't quite finish the setup. So I typed in "setup" (START>SEARCH) and it came back with 468 locations... My question is do I need these files if the programs are already setup?
Still running WinXP Home Edition with micro memory space, I'd like to clean the unnecessary, useless garbage out to gain some extra space. Does anyone know of any other useless files?? extensions???
Logged Offline
A New Bible Built with Modern Technology

New Testament - Breakthrough Version

www.breakthroughversion.com

The Breakthrough Version achieves a much higher level of accuracy. It is:

• more literal
  • more precise
  • more contemporary
  • more correct
  • more consistent

This Bible even translates hundreds of forgotten Greek words that no other Bible does.

It is an essential tool for Bible teachers and students, yet it is easy to read, even for newbies.

Ray
Posted: June 25th, 2009, 2:30pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

When you do a search for "setup", it finds all of the files and folders on your comptuer that have the word, "setup", in their title.  I am sure that there are many valid files and folders that have the word, "setup", in them.  Removing them would mess things up.
   There may be some files and folders that have the word, "setup", in them that are just temporary setup files, but you should verify that first before removing them.  If you do not know whether they are valid or temporary, do not delete them.
   We have a program that removes those type of files.  It is called A1Click Ultra PC Cleaner.  More information is located at http://regvac.com/fa1clean.htm.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 2
LindaLou
Posted: June 25th, 2009, 5:37pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Hey Ray, Thanks for replying,I did wind up purchasing the A1Click Program and it found almost 500 MB of "****" (you know the word) on my Laptop. I've been using Comondo System Cleaner & Advanced SystemCare, thought they were doing pretty good cleanups but after I ran your program I found so much more space. Thanks for the tip....
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 2
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules