Cannot Move, Cut or delete .mov file! January 24th, 2018, 2:12am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Cannot Move, Cut or delete .mov file!

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Cannot Move, Cut or delete .mov file!
prymal
Posted: April 10th, 2009, 11:16pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Hi I just downloaded some pics & short movie clips from my camera. I wanted to separate the .mov files from the jpgs so I can email. I am unable to do this. I get the error message that some other program is using these files. I have nothing else running on my system. I can copy them, but when I go to delete the original I get the same error message. I cannot cut them either. Any ideas whats going on here. The web search mentioned something about uninstalling "Quicktime", but I use that some times. I'm using a "Panasonic Lumix" camera & my system is Win XP Pro Serv pack 3. Appreciate any feedback on this.
Thanks!
Paul
Logged Offline
A New Bible Built with Modern Technology

New Testament - Breakthrough Version

www.breakthroughversion.com

The Breakthrough Version achieves a much higher level of accuracy. It is:

• more literal
  • more precise
  • more contemporary
  • more correct
  • more consistent

This Bible even translates hundreds of forgotten Greek words that no other Bible does.

It is an essential tool for Bible teachers and students, yet it is easy to read, even for newbies.

Snakeyes
Posted: April 11th, 2009, 10:15am Report to Moderator
Big Member

This might work.
Open the folder that contains the file and click on View in  Explorer and then click on Choose Details...
Uncheck all boxes except Title.
Now close and reopen the folder and try deleting.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 4
prymal
Posted: April 11th, 2009, 4:34pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Thanks for the reply! I've tried what you've said & thats a no go. I might have to uninstall quicktime to see if these really does solve this problem. The error message is still "this file is being used by another program" cannot delete, rename or cut!
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 4
Snakeyes
Posted: April 11th, 2009, 4:57pm Report to Moderator
Big Member

Before uninstalling, open task manager and stop all services associated with Quicktime, itunes, bonjour and then try deleting the files.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 3 - 4
prymal
Posted: April 11th, 2009, 5:12pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Thanks again Snakeyes! I wish I had waited for your reply, but I did uninstall quicktime & that solved the problem. However I might want to use this program in the future so I would like to re-install & then perhaps try your lates fix for this problem if I come across it again. Stopping the services makes sense to me but I didn't know how to do that. I'll remember next time!
Have a good one!
Paul
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 4 - 4
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules