Spilled juice on keyboard July 22nd, 2018, 7:02am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Spilled juice on keyboard

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Spilled juice on keyboard
grandmother
Posted: March 14th, 2009, 12:07pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Thursday I caught my 6 year old grandson banging away at my laptop. I know someone should of been watching him. My daughter thought I was & I thought she was. Either way I'm to blame. As I was yelling & running towards him I did notice several different windows open. Before I got to him he had pushed the power button so it was off. A cup was turned over spilling liquid on the keyboard. I turned it on Its side to try to get what was on it to run off. Allot did & I also I attempted to dry It with a towel. I let It sit 3/4 hours with a fan running on it then tried to turn it on. After many tries It came on but after 30 sec shut Itself off. At time you could hear it loading & made the music sound as windows comes on put screen was blank.I gave up. Friday morning just about 15 hours later I turn It on bam I loads fine. I was online 1-2 hours with no problems. Then turned Itself off. Saturday am turned it on bam it loads & I'm on line 2 hours & the It turned Itself off. Now I did check the power settings & Its set never to turn anything off . Does anyone have any ideals or do I need to take it into the shop. Thank you all. tried it a couple of time thoughout the day with no response.  

A New Bible Built with Modern Technology

New Testament - Breakthrough Version

www.breakthroughversion.com

The Breakthrough Version achieves a much higher level of accuracy. It is:

• more literal
  • more precise
  • more contemporary
  • more correct
  • more consistent

This Bible even translates hundreds of forgotten Greek words that no other Bible does.

It is an essential tool for Bible teachers and students, yet it is easy to read, even for newbies.

LindaLou
Posted: March 14th, 2009, 6:10pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

WHOOPS!!!! IT'S GETTING HOT!!!    YOU DEFINITELY NEED TO TAKE IT TO A NEIGHBORHOOD PC PHYSICIAN, LET THEM CLEAN IT UP. AS IN MY RECENT ARTICLE IN THE "COMPUTER TIPS SECTION"  OF RAY'S EXCELLENT "HELP" WEBSITE, I COULD HAVE KEPT MY LAPTOP CLEAN WITHOUT HAVING TO SPEND $100. THEY WILL CLEAN IT FOR A FAIR PRCE, BUT AS FAR AS HAVING LIQUID INSIDE THE INSIDES, THAT WILL NEED A KNOWLEDGABLE PERSON TO WIPE DOWN AND CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT THEY CAN, ALL THE ESSENTIAL AREAS THAT WOULD POSSIBLY DAMAGE THE  FULL POTENTIAL OF YOUR COMPUTER, AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED TAKE IT AND HAVE IT CLEANED. CLEANING vs. NEW COMPUTER HAS A MORE ECONOMIC OUTCOME. REMEMBER MY FIRST STATEMENT ......GOOD LUCK  LL...
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 3
Ray
Posted: March 16th, 2009, 10:06am Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

It may just not be dry.  Give it a few days to dry off.  I would not run it long when it is wet.  With a laptop it is possible that other parts below the keyboard could get ruined by the juice and that could be a major problem.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 3
Snakeyes
Posted: March 16th, 2009, 2:24pm Report to Moderator
Big Member

If you have the luxury of time, immerse your laptop in uncooked rice for 24-48 hrs. Raw rice is an excellent dessicant
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 3 - 3
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules