WindowsXP Reboots when Turn Off Commanded September 25th, 2018, 12:54am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  WindowsXP Reboots when Turn Off Commanded

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    WindowsXP Reboots when Turn Off Commanded
LindaLou
Posted: March 5th, 2009, 9:36am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Never ending issues with my Toshiba Satellite L25, When I give the command to turn off computer (NOT RESTART) It's restarting, I've been unplugging it and taking out the battery so it doesn't run all night, It's also NOT going into hybernation mode when I close the lid, I've been having startup issues also, when it does start-up sometimes it just shuts down by itself and then restarts, OK, I know someone out there can help me figure this one out, Especially SNAKEEYES, He's helped me with other issues I've had and is very knowledgable. These two windows pop-up when it first boots up- One is "Dianostic Traces" & the other is "DrvmCDB", why are these popping up now?
I also wanted to include a "ScreenShot" of these windows, but it won't allow me to paste them here for some reason...LL
Logged Offline
A New Bible Built with Modern Technology

New Testament - Breakthrough Version

www.breakthroughversion.com

The Breakthrough Version achieves a much higher level of accuracy. It is:

• more literal
  • more precise
  • more contemporary
  • more correct
  • more consistent

This Bible even translates hundreds of forgotten Greek words that no other Bible does.

It is an essential tool for Bible teachers and students, yet it is easy to read, even for newbies.

Ray
Posted: March 5th, 2009, 9:57am Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

Try holding down on the Power button for five seconds.  That should shut it completely off.
   Look in Power Options in the Control Panel and see what it has set for pushing the power button and closing the lid.
   You should have it set to shut off when the power button is pushed.  It sounds like it is only sleeping or hibernating and that something is waking it back up.  If you set it to shut down or if you shut down the computer manually, it should not start back up.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 7
Snakeyes
Posted: March 5th, 2009, 10:02am Report to Moderator
Big Member

Right click MY Computer, click Properties, Click Advanced, Click Settings under Startup and Recovery. Uncheck Automatically restart.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 7
Snakeyes
Posted: March 5th, 2009, 10:32am Report to Moderator
Big Member

Do you have Sonic software installed ? The errors are most probably due to it.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 3 - 7
LindaLou
Posted: March 5th, 2009, 11:07am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

THANKS GUYS, I FOLLOWED BOTH OF YOUR DIRECTIONS, IT'S SEEMS BACK TO NORMAL NOW, I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY IT STARTED DOING THAT, I SWEAR I DIDN'T CHANGE ANYTHING IN "POWER OPTIONS" DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT OPTION...MIGHT BE PART OF WHY MY LAPPER IS HAVING TROUBLE BOOTING AND SHUTTING OFF WHEN IT FEELS LIKE IT, THIS WOULD BE THE EASIEST FIX YET!!! I'LL FIND OUT SOON ENOUGH.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 4 - 7
LindaLou
Posted: March 5th, 2009, 11:34am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

SNAKEEYES, I DO HAVE SONIC DLA AND SONIC RECORD NOW, BUT RARELY USE IT. IT CAME WITH LAPPER.  IF I GET RID OF IT, IS THERE A MORE THAN HALF WAY DECENT RECORDER I COULD DOWNLOAD "FREE". I KNOW MOST FREE STUFF IS LIMITED IN OPTIONS, THOUGHT YOU MIGHT KNOW OF ONE!!!
ALSO These two windows pop-up when it first boots up- One is "Dianostic Traces" & the other is "DrvmCDB", why are these popping up now? ARE THESE THE ERRORS YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT?
IF I KNEW HOW TO ATTACH A SCREEN SHOT??? YOU COULD SEE WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.
THANKS AGAIN,  LL
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 5 - 7
Snakeyes
Posted: March 5th, 2009, 12:28pm Report to Moderator
Big Member

Both error messages ("Dianostic Traces" & the other is "DrvmCDB",) are likely due to Sonic software. I would uninstall it and the errors would  be eliminated. As for free alternatives, post how you use the software and I will keep my eyes(ears) pealed.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 6 - 7
LindaLou
Posted: March 5th, 2009, 1:37pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

THANKS SNAKEEYES, I'LL GET RID OF IT, IF I NEED ANOTHER RECORDER, I'LL SURF AROUND, CNET HAS GOOD PROGRAMS BUT IF YOU DO HEAR OF A GOOD ONE, LET ME KNOW PLEASE VIA lindalou21356@yahoo.com, I'M NOT SURE I WOULD USE IT, I HARDLY USED "SONIC".  LL
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 7 - 7
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules