genuine nightmare July 21st, 2018, 1:47am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  genuine nightmare

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    genuine nightmare
peaceful_soul
Posted: December 29th, 2008, 5:25pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Hi there I just joined your site here hoping to learn how to re formatt my computer. I have had some difficulty with this my oldest computer and took it to a PC shop for  repairs. I lost one of my 2 windows professional discs and have since misplaced the other. When the computers os  was reloaded the tech used a volume license version that microsoft has now over a yr later flagged as non genuine. At any rate the PC shop is out of business and I only have my oem xp home edition upgrade that came with the computer and it's windows98 OS. I don't have the 98 anymore that microsoft says needs a base program to do the upgrade and I have no clue how to wipe re-load or reformatt. I hope this is the place to get some help and learn my way around the genuine nightmare. I won't be forced to buy when i have legitiment software. any tech support is at cost as well since the computer is well out of warranty so any help sorting this would be great. thanks for having me  and i look forward to hearing from you guys.  
A New Bible Built with Modern Technology

New Testament - Breakthrough Version

www.breakthroughversion.com

The Breakthrough Version achieves a much higher level of accuracy. It is:

• more literal
  • more precise
  • more contemporary
  • more correct
  • more consistent

This Bible even translates hundreds of forgotten Greek words that no other Bible does.

It is an essential tool for Bible teachers and students, yet it is easy to read, even for newbies.

Ray
Posted: December 30th, 2008, 11:04am Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

Reformatting your computer will wipe it clean of everything on it, even Windows.  Then you will have to have Windows or some other Operating System (OS) to put on it or the computer will do nothing.  From what you are explaining you are going to have to either find one of your previous Windows CDs that you had or buy a new one.
   To reformat your computer you will need a way to start your computer using a different OS than Windows.  If you have a floppy diskette drive on the computer, you can make a boot diskette that has DOS on it.  Then you can start your computer in DOS and format the drives.
   If you only have a CD drive, you will need to get a boot CD that has an OS on it.  PEBuilder (freeware) can make a boot CD with the BartPE OS on it.  It has the files on it to format the drives.  But for BartPE to work, you must have the I386 folder in the Windows folder and the files that come with it.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 1
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules