Corrupted movie file April 25th, 2018, 2:13pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Corrupted movie file

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Corrupted movie file
alanturk
Posted: November 21st, 2008, 3:57pm Report to Moderator
Medium Member

I have been given a set of movie files derived from a digital camera. I understand they were corrupted in some way before I received them, but were supposed to have been repaired by the camera manufacturer's own software. None of them, however, would run properly in any movie player. On investigation, I found that, of the 16 files, which were numbered sequentially from Raw00001.mov to Raw00016.mov, all the odd-numbered ones had some similar contents, and the even-numbered ones also were similar among themselves. Using a hexadecimal editor, I decided to attach each odd-numbered file to the following even-numbered one, so creating 8 longer files. Success! (well, partly, anyway.) I now had 7 movie files that worked in various players, but one of them is still a dud! I have no idea what is different about that pair: Stitching them together was done on a hunch that happened to work for most. I suspect the remaining pair still contain all the necessary information for a successful movie, except for some minor error. I found a free repair utility from Apple, but it only works, apparently, on a Mac, so is useless on a Windows XP PC. If you're still with me, any clues, anyone, please?
Logged Offline
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules