Try this, Download Stinger from McAfee. Under the first search block at the home page type in stinger. When you reach the search page click on the first search, "Threat Center" Download v10.0.1.602
see if this won't remove it. If this doesn't work go to Micro Trend House Call and follow the prompts. If you don't have a good active virus internet suit I would suggest investing in Kaspersky. It has it's own firewall, realtime virus, malware and adware scans. I has active protection and even will self protect to disallow any changes to it's program. Don't use Norton, Mcafee, or AVG they have to many holes and don't activally keep up with current trends and Heuristics. Also, make sure that you download and run Ad-Aware either the personal or Pro.
1. Download v10.0.1.602 or Micro Trend House Call.
2.. Disable System restore before running any of the programs.
To do this simply locate My Computer icon on your Desktop, right click on "My Computer", go to properties and then the "System Restore", Tab. Check the box that says Turn off system restore on all drives" and then close the box.
3. Run the programs and don't forget to restart your computer after doing so. This will wipe out any old infected restore points that remain on your computer.
4. Go back to the system restore via the same route in "My Computer" and uncheck the box. This will restart the "System Restore" and allow you or the system to create system restore points again.
5. Also if you don't already have it I would definatly download "RegVac" so that you can clean up and make a copy of your current registry. It has great features and is very safe. It will keep your registry system clean and running in tip top condition.
6. Several other things you will need to do is to reset your Internet Security to default "medium-high." You can do this by simply right clicking on the internet Explorer icon and go to properties. Under the security tab, click on the default level. Verify the change by clicking on the ok in the popup window. Return to the security tab and click on custom level. Navigate to "Run Active X control and plugins" and click on prompt. Close the window by clicking ok. This will allow you to control running any active X programs downloading to your computer. For the most part you will not need to download active X programs from visited websites to be able to utilize them.
7. Also I would download "WOT" for whatever browser you are utlizing. It will allow you to identify questionable websites. Watch what sites you frequent. Many site now a days are unsafe and will cause problems for your computer.
8. Last, don't download anything from the web and run it directly. There are many good programs out there but there are many that are not. They contain malware, adware, viruses, keyloggers and more. If you must download from the net then make sure that you are first, saving the program to a specific file and then running both a virus scan on the program and some type of malware or adware scan before deploying. This is where Kaspersky and Ad-Aware come in. They can both be intigrated into windows and used regularly.
9. One other thing I would suggest. Don't run two firewalls concurrently. Make sure that windows firewall is off if your running another. Run only 1 firewall at a time.
Don't run more than two adware/malware programs a one time. They will slow down your system and cause misidentified problems.