XP crashes April 26th, 2018, 1:41am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  XP crashes

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    XP crashes
marylaf
Posted: October 19th, 2008, 7:18am Report to Moderator
Guest User

dely0575 - I know its old & out of date but my XP Crashed! My question is, When I try to download anything it wont install says,missing Dll file. What should I do to correct this?
Ray - Most software will not work with Win95. There is nothing that you can do about that. Win95 is so old and software has to use different drivers and processes in Win95, that most software companies no longer make their software compatible with it.

Ray, your answer to the XP question is Win95.  I am having the same problem as dely0575 with XP: this has nothing to do with Win95 does it?
A New Bible Built with Modern Technology

New Testament - Breakthrough Version

www.breakthroughversion.com

The Breakthrough Version achieves a much higher level of accuracy. It is:

• more literal
  • more precise
  • more contemporary
  • more correct
  • more consistent

This Bible even translates hundreds of forgotten Greek words that no other Bible does.

It is an essential tool for Bible teachers and students, yet it is easy to read, even for newbies.

Ray
Posted: October 20th, 2008, 8:44pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

The title of the thread was "Programs won't install on Win95".  I assumed from the title that she was talking about Win95 because the title says that it is Win95 that the programs will not install in.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 4
marylaf
Posted: October 21st, 2008, 1:48am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Regardless of that, I still want to know the answer to:

I reformatted my XP drive because there were so many missing Dll files.  This continues to be a problem since the reformat.  Do you need specific examples or can you suggest what the problem is?

My next question is can I replace XP with VISTA on that computer?
Thanks.
e-mail Reply: 2 - 4
plonkeroo
Posted: October 21st, 2008, 6:37pm Report to Moderator
Minimum Member

Hiya, Everyone!

When my WinXP went down the error message given out by the WinXP floppy boot was that hal.dll out of Sys32 was missing or corrupted and both hard drives and both CD drives were inaccessible. Took me over a week and a lot of outside help to reinstall XP.

(Wasn't hal that psychotic computer on the spaceship in Odyssey 2000!)
Logged Offline
Site e-mail Windows Live Messenger Reply: 3 - 4
Ray
Posted: October 22nd, 2008, 12:33pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

If there are missing DLL files and the DLL files are Windows DLL files, you need to reinstall Windows.  If the DLL files came with an application, you need to reinstall that application.
   Yes, it should work to replace XP with Vista.  Vista will put its own DLL files on.
   As far as the hal.dll error mentioned by plonkeroo is concerned, many times if the boot.ini file is not correct, you will get that error message.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 4 - 4
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules