Norton versus McAfee security system October 20th, 2018, 5:18am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Norton versus McAfee security system

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Norton versus McAfee security system
Daisy
Posted: October 11th, 2008, 8:02am Report to Moderator
Guest User

.Can I use the Norton security system with Ray's programs? Was told to use McAfee, but salesperson said Norton takes up less space and has been reworked in the 2009 edition.

thanks, need to know quickly
A New Bible Built with Modern Technology

New Testament - Breakthrough Version

www.breakthroughversion.com

The Breakthrough Version achieves a much higher level of accuracy. It is:

• more literal
  • more precise
  • more contemporary
  • more correct
  • more consistent

This Bible even translates hundreds of forgotten Greek words that no other Bible does.

It is an essential tool for Bible teachers and students, yet it is easy to read, even for newbies.

Ray
Posted: October 11th, 2008, 10:16am Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

Did you get my emails?  I sent a reply each time you wrote me about this.
   The only part of our programs that is not compatible with Norton is the Registry Pack and Registry Restore.  In each of these instances, you can disable Norton temporarily while you perform the Pack and/or Restore.  If you do not use Registry Pack or Restore, Norton presents no problems with our programs.
   Any time I have purchased Norton I have ended up being disappointed with it.  Norton may take up less space because it does less.
   I do not know if Norton 2009 has fixed anything in itself or not but Registry Pack and Restore in our programs still will not work with Norton 2009.  It is possible that sometime in the future, if I can confirm that Norton 2009 is indeed fixed, that I will rewrite our programs to work with Norton 2009, but I don't know.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 4
Zedy
Posted: October 14th, 2008, 6:27pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Norton's will use as much as 30% of your processor resources just to run.
It is notorious for giving false alarms and fails to detect many real virii.

Symantec actually pay most 'name brand' PC manufacturers to install their trial hoping that buyers will renew when the trial runs out.

Many jobs I get relates to repairing installs due to Norton's inefficiency.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 4
gvrowe
Posted: October 20th, 2008, 11:34am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Peter Norton was once one of my favorite gurus. I wonder what he must think of what has happened to his software.

Several years ago I quit using Norton software after Symantec bought out Norton and I know several others who have done likewise. I mean very experienced computer gurus.

There are several very good anti-virus and anti-spyware programs/suites available and some of them are free. My primary suite is Avanquest SystemSuite8 Pro and I use others. I have probably too many security programs on my computer but I hardly ever have any virus or spyware get through and (knock on wood) haven't had any virus or spyware problems that I know of.

George
Custom PC Consultants
e-mail Reply: 3 - 4
waterwall
Posted: October 27th, 2008, 12:48am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I bought Norton a few years ago from a reputable store and paid good money for it. Even though it "Didn't play well with others" I tried to renew my subscription to this resource hog and couldn't because it was not the beta edition. There was nothing on the retail box that indicated this and their gargantuan knoweledge base was no help. Two days later I got a virus and had to reinstall Windows. No more Norton for me.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 4 - 4
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules