Acer Aspire 3003 recovery disks December 9th, 2018, 1:05pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Acer Aspire 3003 recovery disks

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Acer Aspire 3003 recovery disks
mercabz
Posted: August 13th, 2008, 7:07pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Hello all,
My son has a problem with his Acer Aspire 3003 Laptop. It has been working well for the last 2 or 3 years since we bought it, but it has stopped working normally now , it boots up and will go through the start up process, but we don't get any sound and we can't get the internet. I know our internet connection is alright because my computer is on the same router, so thats not the problem, when trying to connect with IE7 , we get the normal," This Web address cannot be found," and on Firefox we get the same Box which says try again but that doesn't work either.
We have the Acer recovery disks to try and reinstall the drivers, but for the life of me , I can't understand how to use them, having been practicing as a Mechanical Enginner for a well known mining company in Western Australia for the past 26 years, you would think the instructions would be easy for me to understand, but I surrender, I just cannot work them out.
Any good person on the forum ever had any experience with these discs and or have any info on how I might rectify the problem, please help mas my son needs this computer to carry out his research and studies backup. Thank you all for any info you might provide.
By the way the OS is Windows XP home and we have lost the disk but do have the recovery disks. I look forward to and information supplied.
Thank you.
Logged Offline
A New Bible Built with Modern Technology

New Testament - Breakthrough Version

www.breakthroughversion.com

The Breakthrough Version achieves a much higher level of accuracy. It is:

• more literal
  • more precise
  • more contemporary
  • more correct
  • more consistent

This Bible even translates hundreds of forgotten Greek words that no other Bible does.

It is an essential tool for Bible teachers and students, yet it is easy to read, even for newbies.

Ray
Posted: August 14th, 2008, 12:02pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

I had an Acer over 10 years ago.
   You should be able to just insert the first CD and it will run telling you what to do.
   If nothing happens when you insert the first CD, try opening Windows Explorer (right click on the Start button and select Explore from the popup menu), find the autorun.exe file, and run it.  If autorun.exe is not there or it does not do anything, try running the other exe files.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 1
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules