ethernet going out March 22nd, 2018, 11:56pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  ethernet going out

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    ethernet going out
Posted: August 11th, 2008, 9:13pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

When I'm on the computer(HP/XP) which is connectet to the internet via broadband, the ethernet light will go out/the screen goes black /and the computer light stays on constantly though nothing is running. Rebooting, the same thing keeps on happening ,it seems, whether the DSL bix is on or not. could it just be a bad ethernet card? or is it something else. I restored the compuuter to the original settings that it had five years ago, had/have a lot of problems reinstalling hardware/software anfdd the same thing keeps on happening. one screen came up-stating that I should go onto the internet and download a registry cleaner program, scan the registry, and fix problems. But when I hit the FIX button, the program wants me to purchace it and I'm not sure if that's really the solutin. I hada copy of REGVAC before I restroed the computer to it's otoginal settings. How do I get  free copy of a registry cleaner too.? thanks, any hepl will be greatly appreciated
A New Bible Built with Modern Technology

New Testament - Breakthrough Version

The Breakthrough Version achieves a much higher level of accuracy. It is:

• more literal
  • more precise
  • more contemporary
  • more correct
  • more consistent

This Bible even translates hundreds of forgotten Greek words that no other Bible does.

It is an essential tool for Bible teachers and students, yet it is easy to read, even for newbies.

Posted: August 11th, 2008, 11:28pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

I do not know what the problem could be.  It may be the ethernet card.  I sincerely doubt it is the registry.
   What you experienced about the pop up screen telling you there are problems is a scam.  The screen pops up for all computers that do not have that registry cleaner installed.
   If you purchased RegVac before, you can go to the Registered Users section of the RegVac page on our website,, and get the registered version for free.
   If you did not purchase it, you could try the trial version of RegVac for free (it will clean your registry without buying it), but if you have tried it before, it's trial period may be expired.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 1
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread
Forum Rules