WinXP Service Pack 3 January 23rd, 2018, 12:17am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  WinXP Service Pack 3

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    WinXP Service Pack 3
onclejean
Posted: July 27th, 2008, 9:04am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

MS Update keeps prompting me to install SP3. I have tried twice and both times the installation appeared OK but form the firs full new reboot my system entered an endless loop.

My PC has an AMD processor but has never had Intel, and I have checked is SP ready andI have done all the obvious fixes. I do not want to spend time on an installation that does not bring any significant benefits - I have found that I do not need most MS updates, and that they often cause problems.

Is it sensible to stop trying to install SP3 or would it be worth reloading Windows to install it - which would involve about two days work?[face=Arial][/face]
Logged Offline
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
rayprice
Posted: July 27th, 2008, 6:49pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Service Pack 3 is a complete waste of time when installed and has caused a lot of machine to malfunction beyond easy repair.
It's time to turn off automatic updates. I am now of the impression that the "apprentices" at Microsoft are in total control and drunk most of the time.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 3
Ray
Posted: July 27th, 2008, 11:48pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

I agree that I have heard nothing but bad about Service Pack 3 and would not recommend getting it, but I disagree that you should turn off automatic updates.  When Microsoft solves a problem or makes Windows more secure, they do so through the updates.  I do not think that the Service Pack 3 is available through the automatic updates (I have my automatic updates turned on and I do not have SP3).
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 3
Peter_C_Kell
Posted: August 4th, 2008, 3:05pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

SP3 came to me via automatic updates.  I installed it as recommended and have not noticed any problems with the computer.
e-mail Reply: 3 - 3
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules