Vista up date July 22nd, 2018, 10:44am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Vista up date

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Vista up date
victorlvlb
Posted: July 21st, 2008, 12:12am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I've been trying to install the Vista up dates for two months now. I would up date and my pc would start then shut down, until i uninstalled the up date. Once i lost all my data. I bought a external drive an sent a copy of my restoer points to it. Then i got with Vista tech support, and that didn't work. Well my pc finally started acting up so bad that i just reformated and did a new clean install then up dated the new patches. I did this without a fire wall and virus protection. Then loaded my virus and fire wall. It took me over four hours to get my pc back up and running like i had it before. Has anyone else had this problem?
Logged Offline
A New Bible Built with Modern Technology

New Testament - Breakthrough Version

www.breakthroughversion.com

The Breakthrough Version achieves a much higher level of accuracy. It is:

• more literal
  • more precise
  • more contemporary
  • more correct
  • more consistent

This Bible even translates hundreds of forgotten Greek words that no other Bible does.

It is an essential tool for Bible teachers and students, yet it is easy to read, even for newbies.

rayprice
Posted: July 27th, 2008, 12:59pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I'm sorry but Vista has lots of unsolved problems.
Microsoft were in a bad way financially and released this OS too soon to raise money.
Best turn off automatic updates and 99% are aimed at corproations anyway. I don't understand this as all the corporations I come across on a daily basis are reverting to either 200 or XP at the machine manufacturer's expense.
ray
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 2
victorlvlb
Posted: July 28th, 2008, 9:40am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I finally got it right. I didn't know that my pc had the down load ready to install. I thought that I had to connected to the web. So when my tool bar message read updates ready to install, I got off the net, shut down my virus protection, fire wall, instant messenger, windows fire wall, windows defender, spyware scanner and anything I thougth might inpede the install.It worked just fine.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 2
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules