Registry cleaners April 23rd, 2018, 11:30am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Registry cleaners

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Registry cleaners
taernst1947
Posted: June 26th, 2008, 11:11am Report to Moderator
Guest User

I just inadvertently, in trying to download another file, ended up with regcure. This program then proceeded to scan my pc and found 608 registry errors. It then proceeded to tell me that it would only fix two categories and if I wanted the rest fixed I would need to purchase their program. I know when I am being scammed - but that was audacious to the extreme. Do you know about regcure and how is it different (other than its tactics) from RegVac?
~Thom
A New Bible Built with Modern Technology

New Testament - Breakthrough Version

www.breakthroughversion.com

The Breakthrough Version achieves a much higher level of accuracy. It is:

• more literal
  • more precise
  • more contemporary
  • more correct
  • more consistent

This Bible even translates hundreds of forgotten Greek words that no other Bible does.

It is an essential tool for Bible teachers and students, yet it is easy to read, even for newbies.

Ray
Posted: June 27th, 2008, 12:50pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

I checked out RegCure some time back.  Our program, RegVac Registry Cleaner (http://superwin.com/regvac.htm), cleans all valid entries that RegCure cleans and more.  RegCure cleans only a fraction of the things RegVac cleans.
   I found that RegCure removes some entries that it should not.
   RegCure also cleans shortcuts which have nothing to do with the registry.  Some registry cleaners have added shortcuts to the things they clean purely to be able to report that they clean more than other registry cleaners.  That is a scam.
   RegCure also cleans empty registry keys but some keys are supposed to be empty and removing them will cause problems.  RegVac keeps the empty keys that are supposed to be empty.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 1
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules