Activating Windows after re-install April 22nd, 2018, 2:31pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Activating Windows after re-install

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Activating Windows after re-install
mercabz
Posted: June 24th, 2008, 4:02am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Hi All,
Got a problem with re-activating my Windows XP Operating System after re-installing it because of I had to refomat my Hard Drive due to a Virus. After re-installing my OS I tried to re-activate it but the code was rejected, why I don't know as it is genuine, so I tried to re-activate by phone but both the toll free and the toll numbers were dead, it maybe due to the fact that I am in the Philippines at present, but I have been trying for several days to re-activate but no go on both numbers.
Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you get around it, as it's not really easy to go to any phone and make the call coz you need to be sitting in front of your computer, to type in the new code when and or if you get one. My phone works fine and the Operator reckons that the international lines are in order.
Anyone got any suggestions as to how I can get around this problem.
Thanks in advance for any feedback
Mercabz
Logged Offline
A New Bible Built with Modern Technology

New Testament - Breakthrough Version

www.breakthroughversion.com

The Breakthrough Version achieves a much higher level of accuracy. It is:

• more literal
  • more precise
  • more contemporary
  • more correct
  • more consistent

This Bible even translates hundreds of forgotten Greek words that no other Bible does.

It is an essential tool for Bible teachers and students, yet it is easy to read, even for newbies.

bobwilson508
Posted: June 29th, 2008, 12:35am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I've reformatted many times and I've always "skipped" the phone call to reactivate.  Never had any problems.  I don't know if this works for everyone!?!
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 2
mercabz
Posted: June 29th, 2008, 5:09pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Hi Bob,
Thanks for your advise.
I eventually got through to them, went to the locol telephone company office and explained to them my problem and they called for me, a Lady from Microsoft called me back, so it all worked out well.
Thanks again for your reply.
Arthur Mason.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 2
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules