Hardware problem? September 21st, 2018, 11:51pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  Hardware problem?

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Hardware problem?
David_W
Posted: June 7th, 2008, 11:14am Report to Moderator
Guest User

I recently purchased a program called TuffTEST, a bootable program that tests the computer's hardware. I ran the test and everything is fine until it gets to the "fixed discs" test, at this point it  
runs up error after error and the message "error log is full" comes up immediately. The error code for fixed disc 0 is "F004". The error code for fixed disc 1 is "F101". I also get a "failure" on the 3rd pass of the "extended memory test" and on the 4th pass the test just hangs. I have run the "extended memory test" by itself and I get the same results. I have replaced the memory and still get the same problem and I have run the Western Digital Diagnostic test on the hard drives and find no problems. So, as far as I can tell the fixed discs are fine and there is no problem with the memory. Can anyone tell me what might be causing these "errors" and "failures" to occur when running the "TuffTEST" program? If I hadn't run the program I wouldn't be aware of any problems as the computer seems to work fine. Thanks for any advice.
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules