MS Office 2000 January 20th, 2018, 6:58pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  MS Office 2000

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    MS Office 2000
welsh793
Posted: June 6th, 2008, 1:24am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Problem just started - when I try to use Word 2000 I get and error message and Word shuts down.  The program won't open.  I tried to repair it through "Control Panel" That doesn't work.  I removed it and re installed it but I still get the error message.
I can't cut & paste the error.  It won't let me do that.  This is all I can get from the error message
"AppName: winword.exe      AppVer: 9.0.0.2717      ModName: winword.exe
ModVer: 9.0.0.2717      Offset: 003e4fbd"
  I send the error report but there's no reply.   Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.  
Thanks,
welsh793
Logged Offline
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Jogor
Posted: June 7th, 2008, 7:40am Report to Moderator
Minimum Member

Do a search for normal.dot and delete all instances you can find. Reboot your computer and try again.

Joe
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 7
welsh793
Posted: June 7th, 2008, 12:31pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Thanks Joe for the suggestion.  There were no instances of Normal.dot.  I also did a search for normal.dat just in case. No luck. Keep trying.welsh793
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 7
Jogor
Posted: June 14th, 2008, 2:31pm Report to Moderator
Minimum Member

Completely uninstall that program from Add/Remove Program and the Windows Directory Treem reboot and reinstall.

You have a corrupted installation.

Joe
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 3 - 7
welsh793
Posted: June 20th, 2008, 1:35am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I did as you suggested but that didn't corrct the problem.
Thanks for the suggestion
Welsh793
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=
This is the message I got from MS.
Problem caused by Microsoft Office 2000: consider upgrading

The problem was caused by Microsoft Office 2000, which was created by Microsoft Corporation. Microsoft Office 2000 is in its "Extended Support" phase. This phase of support began on 1-Jul-04. Only security-related solutions are created by Microsoft for this version of Microsoft Office.

Recommendation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Consider upgrading to the latest version of Microsoft Office to receive full support. Go online to learn how to upgrade.

We also recommend that you periodically go to the Office Update website. This will help to ensure that your computer stays updated with the latest updates to Microsoft Office.

More information

Problem type
Application crash.

Solution available
No.

What does this error mean?
An unknown error caused Microsoft Office 2000 to crash. This error might continue to cause Microsoft Office 2000 to crash.

Will a solution to this problem be available in the future?
No. Microsoft Office 2000 is now in its "Extended Support" phase. This phase of support for Microsoft Office 2000 began on 1-Jul-04. Only security-related solutions are created by Microsoft for this version of Microsoft Office.

How long can I use Microsoft Office 2000?
You can continue to use Microsoft Office 2000. The Microsoft Support Lifecycle policy has no effect on how long you can use a product. The Support Lifecycle policy outlines how long Microsoft will provide technical support for products.

You can go online to learn more about the Microsoft Support Lifecycle and the Office Support Lifecycle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 4 - 7
Jogor
Posted: June 22nd, 2008, 11:59am Report to Moderator
Minimum Member

That looks to be about the sum total of it. Unfortunately the 2000 version does not have the detect and repair of later versions

Joe
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 5 - 7
welsh793
Posted: June 22nd, 2008, 1:09pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Thanks for the effort.  Appreciate the help even though I couldn't correct the problem.  I didn't want to buy a later version but I don't have a choice since all my saved Doc file only open to Word.
Thanks again,
welsh793
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 6 - 7
Ray
Posted: June 23rd, 2008, 12:53am Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

You could try using OpenOffice's Writer program.  It opens Word documents and it is free.  I don't like it as well as Word, but it may work for you.  You can get it from http://www.openoffice.org.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 7 - 7
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules