SD card reader January 20th, 2018, 9:01pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  SD card reader

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    SD card reader
bassdad1
Posted: June 2nd, 2008, 4:30am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Inserting SD card from camera into integrated card reader slot pops up normal menu. Selecting "Copy pictures to a folder on my computer using Windows Pictures and Fax Wizard" and then clicking OK results only in the menu disappearing, but nothing else happens. Tried "Autofix" from MS, but to no avail. Selecting "Open folder to view files" works, but takes longer to copy files. Using Windows XP SP2, Media Edition.
Logged Offline
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Jogor
Posted: June 7th, 2008, 7:53am Report to Moderator
Minimum Member

Open the folder, select all and then copy to a folder of your choice in My Pictures.

Don't view the pics in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 2
bassdad1
Posted: June 7th, 2008, 6:05pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Thanks for the reply, but I think I may have misstated my "problem". In the past, I was able to insert the SD card, and a menu would pop up containing "Copy pictures to a folder on my computer using Windows Pictures and Fax Wizard."  When I would click this option, a Wizard would indeed pop up that allowed me to see thumbnails of all pics on the card, and to select which ones I wished to copy to the hard drive, then I could click once and the copy process would proceed until all selected pics had been transferred. That no longer happens. Instead, when I click the copy option quoted above, the menu window disappears, but nothing else happens. True, I can still open the SD card reader "drive" letter and simply copy and paste pics to the hard drive, but it's just less convenient to me. I'm guessing something in the Windows XP system is no longer functioning, and I'll probably just have to live with it. I admit it. I'm spoiled!!
Logged Offline
Reply: 2 - 2
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules