A1Click Ultra PC Cleaner April 23rd, 2018, 3:26pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  A1Click Ultra PC Cleaner

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    A1Click Ultra PC Cleaner
stoopgj
Posted: June 1st, 2008, 9:42am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I run RegVac and A1 Ultra PC Cleaner every day. RegVac seems to be doing a good job, but A1 always reports lots of megabytes to be cleaned in Temp, Temporary Internet and Recycle Bin folders that are not actually there. For instance today A1 reports 99 Mb in C:\Documents and Settings\GJS\Local Settings\Temp, but when I check via Windows Explorer/Properties only 7.5 Mb are reported. This happens every time when I run A1. Any ideas?
Logged Offline
A New Bible Built with Modern Technology

New Testament - Breakthrough Version

www.breakthroughversion.com

The Breakthrough Version achieves a much higher level of accuracy. It is:

• more literal
  • more precise
  • more contemporary
  • more correct
  • more consistent

This Bible even translates hundreds of forgotten Greek words that no other Bible does.

It is an essential tool for Bible teachers and students, yet it is easy to read, even for newbies.

Ray
Posted: June 2nd, 2008, 2:18pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

A1Click is reporting 99MB found in all of its results (this is a total) not just in the C:\Documents and Settings\GJS\Local Settings\Temp folder.  A1Click does not break down the size into the individual listings.  If you were to go through and add up the size of each of the items listed, it would add up to the number shown (either that or your computer does not know how to add since A1Click is using your computer to add up the size).
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 6
stoopgj
Posted: June 2nd, 2008, 7:08pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Hi  Ray. Thank you for your reaction. When I stop A1 after it has searched only the directories I mentioned in my previous mail, it still reports 99+ MB to be cleaned. How does it know the totals to clean if it has only searched those directories (that actually contain less than 10 MB)? I can send you screen shots by email if that helps.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 6
Ray
Posted: June 3rd, 2008, 11:12am Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

The total is a running total.
   Are you saying that as soon as you start scanning, it shows 99+MB and that no matter how long it scans, it always shows 99+MB?  If that is the case, closing A1Click should correct the problem.
   If you have a drive compressor like ZipMagic, it could be misrepresenting the sizes to A1Click (ZipMagic has a bug in this area).
   If on the other hand, the number starts at 0 and is increasing as it finds problems and you are saying that the number is simply incorrect (inflated by me to make it look like it cleans more than it does), that is not happening.  If you go through the list of files in the Results and add their size up (this is what A1Click does), you will find the number is correct.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 3 - 6
stoopgj
Posted: June 28th, 2008, 1:28am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Hi Ray, thanks again for your reply. My problem is still not solved. Over the last few weeks I have been making screenshots of odd situations where A1 reports files that are not there. To prove this, I have combined the report from A1 with outputs of either Windows Explorer or Total Commander, showing (near) empty folders that A1 reports as containing many (up to 118) Mbytes. Is there any way I can send you these shots to have a look at them? There are seven, totaling about 1 Mb. Thanks, GJ Stoop
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 4 - 6
Ray
Posted: June 28th, 2008, 5:47am Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

Are you a competitor of ours?
   I wrote A1Click and I can assure you it does not find files that are not there and does not count bytes that are not there.  A1Click does find files that Windows Explorer does not show if you do not have the settings of Windows Explorer set to show hidden and/or system files.
   My email address is available in many places on our website (I will not list it here in this post because it will be picked up by spammers).  If you were really concerned about understanding what A1Click has found, you would have contacted me from our Contact page or even sent me an email by clicking on the login name here.  Or you would have answered my questions in this post.  Or even told me on here which files it says are there that you say are not there.
   A1Click lists out the filenames of each file that it finds.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 5 - 6
stoopgj
Posted: June 28th, 2008, 7:45am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I am not sure why you react so strongly to my postings, this time and last. I am not a competitor, just a consumer with a question. I am not accusing you of any willful wrong doing whatsoever. I think the program does it's job well, I just don't understand why it reports stuff that isn't there (anymore?). Both Windows Explorer and Total Commander are set to report hidden and system files and folders, and they do. Besides, even if they didn't show the files, they would still report the Mbytes via 'properties' wouldn't they?
I have found your email address and sent you a mail with screenshots. Hopefully you will be able to tell me why it looks the way it looks ...
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 6 - 6
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules