uh oh October 16th, 2018, 9:26am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    Questions  ›  uh oh

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    uh oh
r2d2
Posted: May 24th, 2008, 10:40pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Iam looking after a friends house while there away on vacation lets say I find some questionable pictures on there computer, how can I make so when you right click on the pic then look at properties it dosent say last accessed this date but another date??  I tryed system restore but it dident work.  If anyone can help that would be great.  Its windows xp if thats any help
A New Bible Built with Modern Technology

New Testament - Breakthrough Version

www.breakthroughversion.com

The Breakthrough Version achieves a much higher level of accuracy. It is:

• more literal
  • more precise
  • more contemporary
  • more correct
  • more consistent

This Bible even translates hundreds of forgotten Greek words that no other Bible does.

It is an essential tool for Bible teachers and students, yet it is easy to read, even for newbies.

Ray
Posted: May 26th, 2008, 12:10pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

I wonder if there is any software online that would do that.  I don't know of any.  Maybe a search of download com would turn something up.
   Other than that I would think that you could set the clock on the computer back to a previous date and then open the file that you want the time set back on.  Then set the date back to the current date.  I have not done this so I cannot vouch for whether it works or not, but it should.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 3
wic
Posted: June 2nd, 2008, 3:32pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

When you look at a picture it always shows the "accessed" as the current date and time. If someone at a later date and time looks at the same picture and looks at "accessed" they will also see the current date and time that "they" opened it.
"Created" is the day it was downloaded to the computer and doesn't change
e-mail Reply: 2 - 3
Ray
Posted: June 3rd, 2008, 10:45am Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

Yes, wic, that is true.
   There are actually three dates that are stored with the file: Created, Modified, and Accessed.  These dates are written into the file.  These dates can be changed by computer code.
   When WinRescue copies files, it sets these dates on the destination file to be the same as the original file.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 3 - 3
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Questions  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules