Jumping cursor October 18th, 2017, 7:40am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Answers    Other Computer Problems  ›  Jumping cursor

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Jumping cursor
briadeaten
Posted: June 10th, 2007, 1:56pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I have a most unusual and annoying problem with my Dell Latitude D800 laptop Windows XP Professional SP2.

When I am  typing from the keyboard,  suddenly the cursor has jumped to another area and I find myself inserting the words  in another area of the message.  I disabled my touch pad in case that was the problem, but it still persists.  The problem occurs in every app. that I use.

Can anybody help?
Logged Offline
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Ray
Posted: June 10th, 2007, 10:06pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

I would think that it is you inadvertently touching the touch pad, but you have disabled it.
   That could also happen if you press the Tab button.  Tab moves the cursor to the next textbox.
   And it can happen in the browser if you start typing in any other textbox than the first one and the page is not fully loaded.  When the page is fully loaded, the cursor is put in the first or default textbox.
   Other than that, I don't know of the cursor moving itself.  Maybe someone else has some ideas.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 9
nvogen
Posted: June 21st, 2007, 2:15am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I noted your message on my "mouse jumps" post. I have had this problem but I always put it down to my hitting the wrong key.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 9
briadeaten
Posted: June 21st, 2007, 12:59pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Did your  problem ever get resolved?
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 3 - 9
nvogen
Posted: June 21st, 2007, 1:15pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Not yet.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 4 - 9
rfmizell
Posted: June 24th, 2007, 8:29pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I have the same problem. I can tell you things that have not worked. My mousiss a Logitech wireless that feeds through a USB plug-in recvr/xmitter. I have tried repositioning the USB plug to all 4 possible placed. I hjave downloiaded and re-installed the driver software. I have tried moving the mouse where it is directly over the USB  and is physically within 2 feet of same. I've tried non-rechargable datteries and nothing I have done has cured the problem. When I use the standard wired mouse it hjas always worked.  I would like the answer if someone figures out what causes this.  Thanks!
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 5 - 9
fjbjr
Posted: June 24th, 2007, 9:15pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I had the same problem with the cursor. It was suggested that it may be the wireless mouse. I replaced the mouse and the problem was resolvrd.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 6 - 9
briadeaten
Posted: June 24th, 2007, 10:54pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Thanks Baby Member.  I will try your approach and let you know if it has the same result.  Sounds like a good solution
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 7 - 9
Ray
Posted: March 14th, 2008, 9:10pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

My wireless started giving me problems too.  The cursor didn't jump but it would occasionally double click when I only clicked once.  I have replaced it with a wired mouse.  I guess when these wireless mice get old, they start acting up.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 8 - 9
spankyjo54
Posted: December 2nd, 2012, 9:35am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I had the same problem, Got all the same suggestions to try to stop the problem but nothing helped. Then a person asked me if I used a laser mouse or wireless laser mouse. I did have a cordless laser mouse. He asked if I had a black or dark colored mouse pat. I did and after he suggested I try buy and use a lighter mouse pad, believe it or not, it worked!!!!!! For some reason cordless, laser mice don't like dark colors so have you chasing the darn cursor , and frustrated because you were on a streak and discovered you wrote an entire paragraph or page before, in the middle off  or always where you don't want it. Try it, Its the cheapest solution and what can you loose other than an ugly black or dark colored mouse pat to a jazzy or pretty one.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 9 - 9
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Other Computer Problems  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules