Beware of sites that get your credit card number January 24th, 2018, 2:12am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Your Input    eScams  ›  Beware of sites that get your credit card number

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Beware of sites that get your credit card number
ipcman
Posted: September 19th, 2009, 6:42pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

When ordering on line be very aware of sites that  are offering deals that sound too good. Checkm and see if the page you are ordering from is certified and check ahead of time  what their ordering policies are and if the furnish their full fukk contact addresses, phone, and other important informand information. The majority of thesensites are legitimate butn their are a few that collect your credit card information, and surprise you have a bunch ofm charces on the bill that you have no idea what they are. Major credit card companies will usually work with you but that is no gurantee that you will actually be rembursed.
One simple soluting is to use a prepaid creitcard or a debit card that are readly avalible. I have a Netspend card ( not pushing any sales) that I use for my online purchases and just transfer the amount of funds necessart to complete the transsction. If by chance one of these fraudulent sites does gain access to your debit card information there won't be anything in the account to steal. If you use your major credit card you are leaving yourself opem for unauthorised charges or identy theft. Only use your major card with well established sites, and make sure it is not a cloned site. Once identy theft gets started it can be a nightmare to get it correctred and sometimes you can't your approval of a certain charges. Be sure to contact your local police department for assistance, and some times they  can break  up gangs that are doing this on a wide scale service. Use cautitiin and resd the fine pring before making online orders. I know the nightmares identytheft can cause because I am just recovering from it my self.
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    eScams  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules