Computer Administrator July 17th, 2018, 5:34am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Answers    Windows  ›  Computer Administrator

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Computer Administrator
jgrippi
Posted: May 3rd, 2008, 5:31am Report to Moderator
Guest User

I am having a problem using common applications, such as Outlook Express, in conjunction with my long time motel software, which gives me an non access message each time I use it while having another application window open, The problem appears to be that the motel program is recognizing the other open application as another motel work station operating at the same time. Though I have that network capability inherent in the program , I use it only as a single station tool. The just of the error message is that i don't have proper administrator rights, such as a day end close management function, which would always require an administrator. Solving this through the software configuration options is no help, as I am clearly the only user and administrator in that section. The error message says that I must go outside their program to my computer user setting to make the appropriate changes, which i have gone to about a hundred times, only to find out that i am the administrator of my computer. However, though i come up in the profile as administrator, I do so as a lone user under my name, which I entered long ago. This is apparent in the Explore section, wherein all of my files, programs, etc. are within my user name, leaving the duplicate Administrator folders blank. I am not sure, but i think, had i not created a user name, but started off initially as Administrator only, I wouldn't be having this incredibly irritating and time consuming constant pop up message demanding I go get somebody else to do my administrator work. Each time I look at these blank Admin folders in Explore, my tendency is to drag and drop the entire user data files and programs into these folders, but I was cautioned not to do this as I could create havoc with the whole system. I am not that computer savvy, and I apologize for this long question, but I thought this venue could be the help place where a solution could be found. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
A New Bible Built with Modern Technology

New Testament - Breakthrough Version

www.breakthroughversion.com

The Breakthrough Version achieves a much higher level of accuracy. It is:

• more literal
  • more precise
  • more contemporary
  • more correct
  • more consistent

This Bible even translates hundreds of forgotten Greek words that no other Bible does.

It is an essential tool for Bible teachers and students, yet it is easy to read, even for newbies.

bldtraffic
Posted: May 6th, 2008, 11:24am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Even though you are the only user (and, therefore, admin), a typical start-up log-in does not log you in as admin. You are logging in as (User Name). From the XP SP2 MVP site:

"The built-in Administrator account is hidden from Welcome Screen when a user account with Administrator privileges exists and is enabled. In Windows XP Home Edition, you can login as built-in Administrator in Safe Mode only. For XP Professional, press CTRL + ALT + DEL twice at the Welcome Screen and input your Administrator password in the classic logon window that appears."

If you cannot remember the password you created the first time you booted your PC, try typing in Administrator for name and leeave the password field blank, then press enter. If that does not work then you did create a password the first time you turned on the PC.

You'll need to decide which method of "cracking" your own admin account, from paying about 25 bucks and uploading some files (you will then download your now un-encrypted p/w) to literally dozens of tools-some that work, some that don't. Whatever method you use to get that p/w back, get either XP Recovery or Winescue (I forget whicH!). In addition to Rays tools (I am the very happy owner of 3) this site: http://windowsxp.mvps.org has saved my rear as well.

Hope this helps!

JJH
e-mail Reply: 1 - 2
jgrippi
Posted: May 10th, 2008, 5:54am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Thank you bldtraffic for your response to my Administrator problem......I appreciate your taking the time to help me out....I will go through the steps you suggest as see what works out.......Thanks again........jgrippi
e-mail Reply: 2 - 2
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Windows  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules