system32 folder opens at midnight January 23rd, 2018, 4:17pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Answers    Windows  ›  system32 folder opens at midnight

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    system32 folder opens at midnight
sobeone
Posted: April 5th, 2008, 9:56pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

every night at 1200am my system32 folder opens up by its self. I have checked the task scheduler, and several other self starting programs and can't figure out why this folder opens up automatically.. It doesn't do any thing except interrupt any program I am running. How can I stop this from happening.
It is HERE
A Revolutionary New Bible Version

Gain a Better Understanding of the Bible

No Bible Training Needed
Just Read and Find out God's Message to You

New Testament - Breakthrough Version
Go to - www.breakthroughversion.com - for more information.
Free Weekly Newsletter
Learn Tips about your Computer
from a Trusted, Knowledgeable Source

Subscribe to Ray's Computer Tips by entering your email address below and clicking on the button. We have a No Spam policy

This Forum brought to you by

Great Software
Forever Free Updates
Snakeyes
Posted: April 9th, 2008, 11:06am Report to Moderator
Big Member

The precise time leads me to believe that its a scheduled task related event (check your Scheduled Tasks folder) for any task scheduled at or around that time.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 5
sobeone
Posted: April 10th, 2008, 4:35am Report to Moderator
Guest User

There is absolutely nothing in the task schedule folder, this is whats got me puzzled..the precise time that it opens yet nothing I can see is telling it to open.
e-mail Reply: 2 - 5
Ray
Posted: April 10th, 2008, 8:33am Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

Then something must be running in the background that opens it.  Check the startup items and the running processes and/or applications.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 3 - 5
sobeone
Posted: April 14th, 2008, 7:19pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

I checked my startup folder, the only thing in it is my fax mointor program. I have no clue as to what application might need system32 folder to open. Checking windows Task Manager doesn't show any applications running other than what I have running. If there is a system process causing this I don't know which one could do this. I am running win xp pro, I checked my msconfig, but without much of a clue as what to look for that was fruitless effort..startup has a lot of things going, but I can't see any relationship with the precise timing of system32 folder opening.  I guest a follow up question could be..Is there a way to go directly to a folder and go to options an schedule that folder to open up at a schedule time?
e-mail Reply: 4 - 5
bibh_rg
Posted: April 26th, 2008, 9:28am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Doing a Google search with "system32 midnight" and "system32 error" gives you a lot of pointers (not all of them relevant though). One of the first hits (with "system32 midnight") is a message to another forum with exactly the same problem.
There is another scheduled task to think about: Windows Update. Check if it is scheduled at 24:00/12 AM, and if it is working properly (probably not, if W Update is indeed the culprit).
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 5 - 5
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Windows  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules