windows Vista not running .pps files April 25th, 2018, 2:05pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Answers    Windows  ›  windows Vista not running .pps files

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    windows Vista not running .pps files
a1batman
Posted: February 24th, 2008, 3:03pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Does anyone know what the Vista error message "some controls on this presentation can't be activated. They might not be registered on this computer" means. I have tried installing shockwave and Flash media but it hasn't  made any difference.
Any help wpould be greatly appreciated.
Logged Offline
A New Bible Built with Modern Technology

New Testament - Breakthrough Version

www.breakthroughversion.com

The Breakthrough Version achieves a much higher level of accuracy. It is:

• more literal
  • more precise
  • more contemporary
  • more correct
  • more consistent

This Bible even translates hundreds of forgotten Greek words that no other Bible does.

It is an essential tool for Bible teachers and students, yet it is easy to read, even for newbies.

Ray
Posted: February 25th, 2008, 5:10pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

My guess is that either PowerPoint is not properly installed on your computer or the PowerPoint file that you are running has a control in it that is not standard.
   If you have the installation file for PowerPoint, you might try reinstalling it.  If not, you could try installing OpenOffice's free PowerPoint replacement, Impress.  It is available at http://openoffice.org.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 3
a1batman
Posted: February 26th, 2008, 6:48pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Hi Ray
The powerpoint file is called 1 ShootTheTurkey.pps and this is a game that needs some form on animation allowed within the powerpoint enviroment. It works fine on my xp pro machine but on the very new vista laptop it will only open to the first screen and then it hangs untill the mouse is clicked onto the bottom corner of the screen to exit powerpoint. After the pps file is opened up a warning message is displayed as follows. "some controls on this presentation can't be activated. They might not be registered on this computer" Is there any way to find out what these controls are.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 3
Ray
Posted: February 27th, 2008, 11:46am Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

Maybe when you downloaded the pps file the controls were automatically installed.  If that is the case, you may be able to go back to the website where you got it and install it from there.
   I do not know of a way to find out which controls are not installed.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 3 - 3
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Windows  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules