The "Run" commands July 21st, 2018, 1:52am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Answers    Windows  ›  The "Run" commands

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    The "Run" commands
Leesa
Posted: January 30th, 2008, 2:07pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

How do you clean out all the previous stuff entered in the Run box so a new command can be entered?  There is a long list in mine, and I can't get rid of them, or get to the correct one from that list.  Thanks.
Logged Offline
e-mail Windows Live Messenger
A New Bible Built with Modern Technology

New Testament - Breakthrough Version

www.breakthroughversion.com

The Breakthrough Version achieves a much higher level of accuracy. It is:

• more literal
  • more precise
  • more contemporary
  • more correct
  • more consistent

This Bible even translates hundreds of forgotten Greek words that no other Bible does.

It is an essential tool for Bible teachers and students, yet it is easy to read, even for newbies.

Ray
Posted: February 1st, 2008, 10:28am Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

You can start typing the one you want and it will narrow down the list as you type.

Or you can use the Stash Cleaner of RegVac Registry Cleaner (http://superwin.com/regvac.htm) and check the Start Menu Run MRU item under MRU and History Lists.  This will remove all of the items in Run when you click on the "Remove checked entries from the Registry" button at the bottom of the Stash Cleaner.

Or you can open regedit (type that regedit the Run box and click on the Run button), go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RunMRU, and remove the ones you do not want to show.  Notice that each one has a letter associated with it.  The MRUList entry shows the letter of each item that is shown.  So instead of deleting the entries that you do not want to show, you can edit the MRUList entry to only have the letter of the items that you want to show.

The above changes will not show in Run until Windows has restarted.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 4
Leesa
Posted: February 1st, 2008, 11:48am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

When I start typing the one I want, it just adds to the list, and I can't find it because they are all so long.  Anyway, thanks for the info, Ray.  I will try your suggestions, and let you know what happens.
Logged Offline
e-mail Windows Live Messenger Reply: 2 - 4
Leesa
Posted: February 1st, 2008, 2:06pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Ray, I used RegVac as you said, then rebooted.  My long list was still there, but there was also a drop down menu that appeared which I had never seen before.  So, I typed the command again, and all my former typed long commands covered the OK button, so I couldn't click on it.  As fate will have it, about that time my pet bird pecked on the Enter key, and voila, there was the page I wanted.  Hmmmm.

I don't know why all my previous commands didn't go away, but as long as I can access the page I want, I reckon that's okay.

Many thanks for your help.  I appreciate it bunches.
Logged Offline
e-mail Windows Live Messenger Reply: 3 - 4
Ray
Posted: February 1st, 2008, 2:37pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

There seems to be two lists being shown.  One is the list that is shown when you click on the down arrow of the Run window.  That is the list that I talked about above.
   The other list is some type of AutoComplete list.  I could not figure out where it is located.  If it is in the registry, it is encrypted.  It is the same list that drops down when you type in the Address box of Internet Explorer (I don't remember where that list is kept).
   I think that the reason why yours is so large is that the second list can be resized using the lower right corner of the list.  You must have accidently resized it to a big size.  Type some letters in the Run box.  This will will show the list.  If you cannot see the bottom of the list, you might try dragging the Run window up to the top of your screen.  Go to the lower right corner of the drop down list and see if you can resize it to a smaller, manageable size by dragging the lower right corner.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 4 - 4
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Windows  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules