How to Remove Windows Messenger April 23rd, 2018, 3:35pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Answers    Windows  ›  How to Remove Windows Messenger

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    How to Remove Windows Messenger
toneyone
Posted: October 1st, 2006, 12:11pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

hi.
i have just started using out look again but messenger appears every time i open out look

it might not be  signed in but sits in the bar annoying me.

is there anyway of removing messenger from outlook express,

an idiots guide please

i start to get nervous if i start to mess with the registry.

cheers

tone
A New Bible Built with Modern Technology

New Testament - Breakthrough Version

www.breakthroughversion.com

The Breakthrough Version achieves a much higher level of accuracy. It is:

• more literal
  • more precise
  • more contemporary
  • more correct
  • more consistent

This Bible even translates hundreds of forgotten Greek words that no other Bible does.

It is an essential tool for Bible teachers and students, yet it is easy to read, even for newbies.

silvrstreek
Posted: October 22nd, 2006, 2:18pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Are you talking about Windows Messenger, if so there is a nifty little program called Shoot The Messenger by GRC that I use. It safely disables Windows Messenger with the click of a button. You can also enable it if you desire. Windows Messenger is a security risk anyway and should be disabled. Here's the link: http://www.grc.com/stm/shootthemessenger.htm - for Shoot the Messenger. Hope this helps.
Logged Offline
Reply: 1 - 4
gunslinger
Posted: May 4th, 2007, 12:48am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

or, if you feel frisky you could do it the old fashioned  way. go to windows folder, go to tools st top of window, folder options, view, and show hidden, next go to the inf folder. find the file named sysoc. and open it with notepad, remove the hide extention on each. next go back to add remove programs and to remove windows components, you should now have the option to uninstall it.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 4
Ray
Posted: February 5th, 2008, 7:05am Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

That is a good tip, gunslinger.  Let me just clarifiy what gunslinger said.
   First, I would suggest going to Control Panel, then to Add or Remove Programs.   On that window (in XP) there is button on the left side called, Add or Remove Windows Components.  Click on that and another window will be opened.  Scroll down the list to the bottom and uncheck Windows Messenger.  Then click on the Next button then on the Finish button.
   If Windows Messenger is not in the list, find the sysoc.inf in C:\Windows\Inf and double click on it.  I think Windows Messenger is msmsgs, so find msmsgs and remove the word, Hide, from its line.  Do not remove the commas on either side of it.  Save the file and go back to Add or Remove Windows Components as described above.  Windows Messenger should be on the list.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 3 - 4
Ray
Posted: February 21st, 2008, 5:48pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

Ron from the UK wrote me and suggested using http://www.chunkypig.com/msn/windows_messenger_remover.php
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 4 - 4
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Windows  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules