Removing Norton July 23rd, 2018, 9:22am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Answers    Other Programs  ›  Removing Norton

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Removing Norton
jsj54
Posted: October 1st, 2007, 2:18pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I am getting the following. How do I get repaired? The message is the following:The instruction at "0x01dff020" referenced memory at '0x00000ba0" The memory could not be read. Click on ok to terminate the program.
Logged Offline
A New Bible Built with Modern Technology

New Testament - Breakthrough Version

www.breakthroughversion.com

The Breakthrough Version achieves a much higher level of accuracy. It is:

• more literal
  • more precise
  • more contemporary
  • more correct
  • more consistent

This Bible even translates hundreds of forgotten Greek words that no other Bible does.

It is an essential tool for Bible teachers and students, yet it is easy to read, even for newbies.

dlwolff0
Posted: October 1st, 2007, 6:58pm Report to Moderator
Big Member

Those are referring to a problem in the program you were running. They don't indicate any problem with your computer unless this happens in multiple programs. In that case you may have a bad memory module.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 3
jsj54
Posted: October 1st, 2007, 7:42pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

It happens nearly every time. This just started after the geek squad at best buy had to restore my computer. They tried to remove Norton's to replace with another and all hell broke loose on my computer. My wife likes to play solitare on bell south and now it will not load either. Needless to say, I am not happy about these problems. After I get back next week I will  pay another visit to Best Buy.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 3
dlwolff0
Posted: October 2nd, 2007, 5:55pm Report to Moderator
Big Member

Norton provides a free removal tool that you can download from their web site that does an excellent job of completely removing it from the computer.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039?OpenDocument

I would say the reason you are getting all the error messages is that Norton is only partially uninstalled.
I have heard a lot about the geek squad. The main thing being that they are hired as salesmen, not for their knowledge of computers.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 3 - 3
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Other Programs  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules