Media Player 11 - fit more music July 23rd, 2018, 9:02am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Answers    Other Programs  ›  Media Player 11 - fit more music

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Media Player 11 - fit more music
terrayusa
Posted: June 21st, 2007, 2:30pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Win player 11 has a option in Burn CD, music or data, that you can select to burn several hours on 1 disc, it won't load this option when I select it, it just loads the normal 80 min disk.   Msn has no answers for this & now I can't send an email to their support without being charged now & the answers I've received in past I would not have wanted to pay them for them............so does anyone have same problem in media player 11....latest version? Click on drop down arrow at bottom of BURN and select "more options" then look at burn option at bottom of page at "Fit more music on the disc by converting to a lower bit rate:"   For you who have said player.

Thanks, Terry
Logged Offline
A New Bible Built with Modern Technology

New Testament - Breakthrough Version

www.breakthroughversion.com

The Breakthrough Version achieves a much higher level of accuracy. It is:

• more literal
  • more precise
  • more contemporary
  • more correct
  • more consistent

This Bible even translates hundreds of forgotten Greek words that no other Bible does.

It is an essential tool for Bible teachers and students, yet it is easy to read, even for newbies.

dlwolff0
Posted: June 21st, 2007, 6:52pm Report to Moderator
Big Member

From what I see, this is an option simply for storage of music files. If that is what you are trying to do, it would probably work.
You wouldn't be able to listen to this CD, you would have to extract the files and reconvert them before you could listen to them again. That is why they recommend not to convert the files.
If you select to burn a data disk, I would think the option would work.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 5
terrayusa
Posted: June 21st, 2007, 10:08pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Doesn't work on data either, help says it converts files before burn and will play the music.........I make long road trips and would like to try their long play option to see how good sound burns on it, if good then I don't have to stop to change CD in remote player...........but the burn option won't work on my media player.......if you have same, please try it on CD-RW & see if yours's works.
Thanks, Terry
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 2 - 5
dlwolff0
Posted: June 22nd, 2007, 9:02pm Report to Moderator
Big Member

Fit more music on the disc by converting to a lower bit rate. If you want to fit more files onto a data CD or DVD, you can convert the files to a smaller size before burning. In addition to being converted to a smaller size, files that are in MP3 or WAV format will also be converted to WMA format. If you burn any files that are at or below the bit rate you specify, the files will not be converted. Note that the time required for burning will increase when you convert files, and that the audible audio quality may be diminished.

Will try option when I get a chance. From the burning help [quoted above], I can see possible problems.
You may have to set the burn rate to slow to get it to work.
You may have to uncheck the option to use media information to arrange files ...
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 3 - 5
terrayusa
Posted: June 24th, 2007, 1:45pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Thanks again, Will try setting burn rate lower tonite, have it set on "auto detect" now.  Was just going to burn 1 song on a RW to see how sound was after, so I could reuse disc if it did or didn't work as player does not support multi sessions.
Will let you know.......just get frustrated with MSN's lack of Clear instructions & that some of their add ons just plain don't work for me sometimes. And possible small bits of my downloads from them on big MB files not getting downloaded on my very slow dial up which is all I can use where I am located......so, I use "Download Accelerator Plus" which some download sites don't work with it because of their bit-rate protocol.
Thanks again, Terry
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 4 - 5
terrayusa
Posted: June 25th, 2007, 8:34pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member

It works, it won't show time left on real time, just shows the 80 min time on CD. So you've got to add time on calculator to load 7 hours on 7 hr format. Music sound Quality stays the same or very close it this long burn format.
Thanks again, Terry

This Question is Finished for me
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 5 - 5
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Other Programs  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules