Dr Watson Postmortem Debugger July 23rd, 2018, 9:23am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Answers    Other Programs  ›  Dr Watson Postmortem Debugger

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Dr Watson Postmortem Debugger
aries
Posted: June 13th, 2007, 1:12pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Hi Im aries
I can not get the hang of this computer stuff it gets so fusterating now i have a thing that says....Dr Watson Postmortem Debugger could someone please help me cant get rid of it
Thanks
Aries
A New Bible Built with Modern Technology

New Testament - Breakthrough Version

www.breakthroughversion.com

The Breakthrough Version achieves a much higher level of accuracy. It is:

• more literal
  • more precise
  • more contemporary
  • more correct
  • more consistent

This Bible even translates hundreds of forgotten Greek words that no other Bible does.

It is an essential tool for Bible teachers and students, yet it is easy to read, even for newbies.

Ray
Posted: June 14th, 2007, 12:07pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

It came with Windows.  I think it was in 98 and ME.  It has been a long time since I had 98 or ME, so I am calling on my long term memory.    I don't remember Postmortem being in the name.  I am sure that there is a way to get rid of it, but I don't know how.  I always just lived with it.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 5
onemaddude
Posted: June 17th, 2007, 10:54am Report to Moderator
Minimum Member

I run XP SP2 (the full version, not an upgrade from 98SE) and STILL get the Dr Watson message so it must still be in XP too.  Have NEVER seen the "Postmortem" part though.
Logged Offline
e-mail YIM Reply: 2 - 5
TCHAPAIEV
Posted: June 18th, 2007, 1:37am Report to Moderator
Baby Member

YesDr watson Postmortem is included in Windows XP (both home and pro!!!) ; yes it says "Postmortem"and is very frignhtening ; usually when this occurs it lets your PC freeze and you have to restart it manually ; no idea of what can cause this to happen but for sure it is a detection of a windows service not functionning in the normal way ; a conflict between apps or something else ; the only very peace keeping thing that I can add, is that while you have generally to restart your PC manually , there is no other consequences ; probably one may access to more information by calling Administration tools and events (System) : there the list of errors are given and sometimes you get more valuable information from Microsoft abot the cause of the errors
Logged Offline
e-mail Windows Live Messenger Reply: 3 - 5
onemaddude
Posted: June 19th, 2007, 5:37pm Report to Moderator
Minimum Member

I owe you all an apology. I had some problems with Windows Explorer in XP and then got a "Dr. Watson Postmortem Debugger" message. Guess I didn't remember too well.
Logged Offline
e-mail YIM Reply: 4 - 5
Ray
Posted: June 20th, 2007, 3:42am Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

If you want to know more about Dr. Watson (including how to disable it), go to Help and Support in Windows and do a search for "dr. watson postmortem".  That should find 5 Microsoft Knowledge Base articles.
   I owe everyone an apology too.  I have not seen Dr. Watson in any of my Windows XP or Vista computers and so I assumed that it was not in WinXP.  Upon further examination I found out that my programming software replaced Dr. Watson with its own debugger.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 5 - 5
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Other Programs  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules