totally uninstall July 23rd, 2018, 9:28am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Answers    Other Programs  ›  totally uninstall

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    totally uninstall
password = |alpha13|
Posted: February 25th, 2007, 5:19pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
dateformat = |0|

timeformat = |0|

Prior to finding RegVac, I had installed System Mechanic pro 6, it also came with Kapeerskys anti-virus program. Either one or both have had conflicts with my computer, so I tried to uninstall it by using windows add and remove in my control panel. I am still finding remnents of both programs and am looking for some way or a program that will COMPLETELY  remove unwanted programs
Logged Offline
ICQ AIM Windows Live Messenger
A New Bible Built with Modern Technology

New Testament - Breakthrough Version

www.breakthroughversion.com

The Breakthrough Version achieves a much higher level of accuracy. It is:

• more literal
  • more precise
  • more contemporary
  • more correct
  • more consistent

This Bible even translates hundreds of forgotten Greek words that no other Bible does.

It is an essential tool for Bible teachers and students, yet it is easy to read, even for newbies.

Ray
Posted: February 26th, 2007, 6:30am Report to Moderator
Administrator Group

Add/Remove Programs will remove what the programmers of that program want removed.  The programmers may forget entries which were entered by their program or they may not want certain entries to be found and removed.
   RegVac has the Software Vac section and Software Cleanup which may help you (see below for more information).
   There is only one foolproof way to remove all of the entries which a program installs and that is to make a backup of the registry before the program is installed and then restore that backup after you remove the program.  Of course, that can cause problems to other programs which made changes to the registry or were installed since the backup was made, so unless you are only using that program on the computer, that will not work.
   There are three ways to find entries left behind (the Software Cleanup section of RegVac helps you accomplish these three things).  One is to search the registry for the name of the program, two is to search the registry for links to files which that program had installed, and three is to look in the Software sections of the registry for a section for that program.
   Unfortunately, most entries in the registry are unidentifiable and so there is no way that you can link them to a specific program.
   So if you are looking for a program to completely remove unwanted programs, RegVac (http://www.superwin.com/regvac.htm) comes the closest to doing that (RegVac is the only registry cleaner that has this type of Software Cleanup utility), but there are entries that RegVac and all other cleaners will not be able to find.
Logged Offline
e-mail Reply: 1 - 1
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Other Programs  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules